After excessive drying from a sun burn, the skin begins to peel off. In this case, it is necessary to stay hydrated but you can apply topical nutrients to minimize the effects.
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil has skin-nourishing fatty acids that work as an excellent moisturizer for dry skin. The oil coats the skin and locks in moisture. Plus, the vitamin E in olive oil helps the body fight free radicals that are often responsible for skin aging.
- Slightly warm some extra-virgin olive oil in a microwave. Liberally rub the warm olive oil on the affected area and gently massage it so the oil penetrates deep inside the skin. Do this three times daily until your condition improves.
- Mix two tablespoons of salt with enough olive oil to create a thick paste. Use this paste as a body scrub to exfoliate dead skin cells. Do this twice a week until your skin heals completely.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has soothing and moisturizing properties that help get rid of peeling skin. It also reduces inflammation, irritation and itching.
Aloe Vera Gel + Vitamin E Oil Home Remedy for Peeling Skin
- Mix two tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel and a little vitamin E oil.
- Apply the mixture on the affected skin.
- Allow it to dry on its own, and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat two or three times daily for at least one week.
3. Oatmeal Bath
Oatmeal is very helpful in reducing the itching and irritation associated with peeling skin. Also, its soothing properties help the skin retain its natural moisture.
- Stir one cup of oatmeal into a bath tub filled with warm water.
- Soak in this soothing bath water for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your body with clean water, and then pat dry with a soft towel.
- Apply a gentle moisturizer on your body.
- Follow this remedy daily before going to bed until you are satisfied with the result.
Milk is very beneficial for dealing with peeling skin. It works as a natural skin moisturizer, the protein in milk has a soothing effect and the lactic acid will reduce irritation as well as itching.
- Soak a washcloth in ice-cold whole milk and wring out the excess milk. Put the washcloth on the affected area for 10 minutes. Then wash the skin with clean water. Repeat the process two or three times daily until your skin is healthy again.
- Mix two tablespoons of whole milk and one tablespoon of honey. Apply this mixture on the affected skin and massage gently. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Do this twice daily for about one week.
5. Lemon and Sugar Scrub
Being a strong astringent, lemon has the ability to dissolve dead skin cells and help reduce peeling.
Also, its healing and soothing properties are good for your skin. When combined with sugar, it works as a great natural scrub for your skin.
- Mix together one-half cup of sugar, juice from half a lemon, and one tablespoon each of honey and olive oil.
- Apply this mixture on your skin and rub in circular motions for a few minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat this remedy once or twice a week until you get rid of your peeling skin.
Solscense contains the all-natural ingredient PLE which is proven to reduce the effects of sun damage caused by sun burns.