When the temperature really drops and the air is dry. When you travel during the holidays, or just can’t seem to predict the weather… there are a lot of external changes in the transition from Summer to Fall. Which means more things to prep our skin for this season! Since changes in seasons are generally gradual rather than abrupt, it makes sense that you haven’t thought about prepping your skin for colder weather woes. Luckily, it doesn’t take much to combat the effects of harsh weather this time of year. Start now, and you’ll have plenty of time to prepare for the wintry forces of nature to take place with these Fall skincare tips!
So, what to do?
- Treat skin that’s stressed from summer with a moisturizing mask, and continue to use once a week to maintain properly hydrated skin and stave off breakouts. If you feel your skin drying out, an effective moisturizer is a must! Luckily, we have lots of resources for finding the right moisturizers for ourselves these days. There are even apps you can use to give you personalized skin and hair recommendations based on your location, weather and skincare needs.
- While you may be using an intense moisturizer now that we’re in the Fall month of October, you want to do the opposite with your cleanser. Stick to a gentle product. If you normally exfoliate frequently, you may want to pull back, as this can make dry skin even worse. It’s all about moisturizing when it comes to skincare transitions.
- Another tip? Don’t forget the lips! Jouer has a lip treatment that nourishes dry lips while providing a subtle sheen effect. This gives you a colorless, natural-looking gloss that gives the appearance of slightly fuller lips at the same time. You may also want to give extra attention to your neck area. Remember to apply your night creams and moisturizers there too.
- Give your skin a break! We tend to start piling on makeup as the temperatures drop and we have to work a lot harder to give skin that natural looking glow. All that product can take a toll on skin, so apply your skincare and skip the rest. Continue to moisturize, even quickly when you’re running errands or don’t have any plans. Giving skin regular breaks will restore its vitality, and make those ‘made-up’ days really count!
- Lastly, use SOLSCENSE daily to reverse damage from the sun, and to reduce dryness and inflammation. Adding Solscense to your routine will help you maintain a healthy, youthful glow even in colder months!